Motivation & Discipline
Motivation is a fickle emotion and can’t be trusted. If we only ever did things when we felt motivated, chances are nothing would ever get done.
People talk about having discipline and habits to fall back on when the motivation is gone, but what happens when you don’t yet have those habits in place?
If every Monday you keep telling yourself that you’re going to get to the gym or go for a run but it never happens then you probably could use some motivation.
Try out these ideas to get things started and finish 2020 feeling fit and healthy.
- Get yourself some headphones and make a fresh playlist.
- Start off small. Do 10 pushups and 10 squats when you wake up then build on that number each day.
- Do something fun. Instead of just walking around your neighbourhood go on an adventure and hike somewhere in nature.
- Buy some fresh workouts clothes.
- Watch a motivational video on Youtube – Sounds stupid but it works!
- Try a sport that you’ve never done before.
- Hire a coach – Someone to keep your accountable.
Once you have the ball rolling, the next part is turning it into a habit.